Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A'ROR'N Days and an owl rescue!

I've tried to write this post for the past couple of days, but well, you know how it goes.  Too much going on to sit down and type.

 Over the weekend we participated in the annual A'ROR'N Days aka our town's yearly gathering. Mostly, I just go for the yummy food!! Ha! But seriously, I had the most delicious smoked nachos ever! They were tortilla chips piled with bbq beans, shredded bbq pork or chicken, nacho cheese and then bbq sauce. They were so good and I'm sure very nutritious and low in calories. ;) Also, there is a mexican vendor and they have really good authentic mexican food, which is my weakness.

Last week, Kahle participated in a Robotics Camp. There were 6 teams and Kahle and his friend Kaden got 1st! There was no real winners or losers, but their robot did EVERYTHING perfectly that they programmed it to do. It was awesome to see how proud he was.



Friday night we went over to Kahle's Boy Scout den leader's house to put together the float.  We were there for about 2 1/2 hours and it looked great. They boys got 2nd place in the parade on Saturday.  Kahle is such a good big brother. He always makes sure that he gives Izzie whatever they are handing out that year. This year was toy paratroopers and he gave Izzie two.

                                       (The theme this year was "Take Me Home Country Roads)

Our soon to be 5th graders with their ribbon for their hard work!!
(Not sure why Kahle looks like a grump)



After the parade. Kahle and his best friend Ricky, participated in the fundraiser the high school cheerleader put on, the Egg Toss. They were naughty kids and didn't listen to the directions and therefore they dropped their egg and were out. Boys will be boys, I guess. Also, my teenager 10 year old, was flirting with the cheerleaders. I need to keep an eye on him! 

                                                       
                                                                     Izzie after the parade.

                                                       
                                      Kahle after the parade (not sure why it's so painful for him to smile)

On Sunday. we went to the Edgerton Center and played around inside. They had a special going on, for $5 you got admission in, admission to an "exotic petting zoo" and miniature golf. Well, I'm glad it was only $5 because the "exotic" petting zoo only consisted of a buffalo, a camel, a zebra and a llama. We only got to pet the buffalo, who was HUGE and the camel. The zebra and llama wanted nothing to do with us. (I don't blame them, it was incredibly hot out.)  Miniature golf was ok. We were patiently waiting for a family of four in front of us and the dad told us to go around them and use the first hole as our last one. (If you know me, I'm bitchy and don't like to be told what to do!) We just said that was fine, but then decided to go around since Izzie was getting impatient. Soon enough, one of their daughters was constantly right behind us waiting for us and in a rush. I thought it was pretty rude and we ended our game early. By the way, this was just a few obstacle boxes set up, nothing professional.
Tim putting Izzie in a ginormous bubble! 

Kahle's turn!!

That was pretty much all we did for the "festivities." There's a bunch of class reunions set up over the weekend and street dances. Tim and I usually don't participate in drunken nights much anymore so we don't go to those.  I would much rather just have a couple of drinks at my own house. 

Today was an exciting day! My Mom called me and told me that out in the courthouse yard, there was a little baby owl and that I should go look because it was so cute. (I work in the courthouse, she works across the street) I went out and oh my gosh! I just wanted to pick it up and squeeze it. We kept an eye on it for about 2 hours and then I googled for someone to come get it. We're pretty sure it blew out of it's tree on Monday when we had a lot of wind and it appeared to have a hurt wing.  I got a hold of a volunteer, here in town for the Raptor Recovery program. She came and picked him up and even let me pet him!! Such a cute little fluffy baby!! He seemed pretty dehydrated and now he will get the help he needs. 




 Well, that's it for now. I would have had more pictures if my sd card adapter was working properly! I'm so glad it Wednesday! The weekend will be here soon!!



No comments:

Post a Comment