Monday, July 22, 2013

The Mary Kay Look

I was so excited to be chosen to receive the Mary Kay VoxBox from Influenster. I'm by no means a professional makeup artist, I don't even really experiment too much, but I will never ever pass up new makeup!! 


First up is the Mary Kay Lash Primer (Retails for $15.00)
I have never used a lash primer before but it really did make my lashes look longer even without mascara. I plan on using this a lot!!


Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening in I ♥ Black (Retails for $15.00)
I really liked this mascara. It has the curved brush which I love and it was really easy to apply on both my upper and lower lashes with no clumps!


Mary Kay Cream Eye Color in Violet Storm (Retails for $22.00) & Mary Kay Cream Eye Color/Concealer Brush (Retails for $10.00)
I liked this eye color and it was easy to apply with the brush. Sometimes cream eye colors are too thick and aren't easy to get out of the container or apply. This was easy to apply, except I thought it was too thin when I applied it. I didn't want to add too much because the color shows up well, but it's thin. (Does that even make sense?) I think next time I will add some light colored powder to "set" it.


You can see my actual eyelid under the color.
Mary Kay True Dimensions Lip Stick in Pink Cherie (Retails for $18.00)
I'm not usually one to wear actual lipstick, I like tinted chapstick or a light colored lip gloss. I have a really hard time wearing anything with too much color because I can't seem to find any color I think looks good on me. This one was really pink, but I actually didn't mind the color too much. Next time, I will add a lip gloss over it to kind of tone it down a little. 




And now for the finished product.


I didn't apply any blush, foundation or eyeliner. I ALWAYS wear eyeliner but I just wanted to only wear the products I was sent. Overall, I really liked all the products and I plan on incorporating them into my routine. 

(The MaryKay products were complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes and all opinions are my own)

No comments:

Post a Comment