Monday, September 16, 2013

A Letter of Love


Today's topic for Blogtember is:
 Monday, September 16: Write a public love letter to someone in your life. (It doesn't necessarily need to be romantic.)

I had no idea who I was going to write this to until I received a phone call earlier this evening. Now I know exactly.

Dear Dad,

Before I start this off, I do want you to know that I do love you and care about you very much, but this has got to stop. You don't realize how you are affecting me, my family, Alli and everyone else in your family that cares about you.  Every little fault you find with others, is really a fault you find in yourself. You told me tonight that you are disappointed in yourself, well only YOU can change that!! We have all done everything we can for you. Emotionally, physically and financially. It's time for you to "be the bigger person" and repay everyone in all ways possible. Do you have any idea  how it feels to be "parenting" my parent? It really sucks! The main reason I don't call you for chats or spend time with you is because you have so many different sides and I never know which one I'm going to get. Tonight I had happy dad, angry dad, depressed dad and deflated dad. It's fine for me to deal with (actually no it's not!) but I don't want my kids to have to see that. I just don't see how you think we have all abandoned you, when there is one person in your life that has "helped" you push us all away. You think you need her, but she does nothing for you and you know it. She has caused you (and everyone who loves you) so much pain. You are NOT the person you were before her.  I know she's not the only one to blame. You are too.  You need to break the cycle!! Before it's really too late. My heart is really hurting for you after our talk. I just don't know what to do anymore. I really do love you..........you are my dad after all.

Love,
    Vicki





6 comments:

  1. Vicki,
    I hope things get better with your dad. It's wonderful that you've stuck by his side, that's what the true meaning of family is. Hopefully one day, he'll be well enough to see all that you've done for him and show you the appreciation you deserve. It's so admirable how strong you've been for him and your family! xo

    http://locheng.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's really really hard, but I try as much as I can without doing everything for him. He has to be responsible too.

      Delete
  2. I have a similar situation with my father in low, it's so tough. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kinda going through the same thing with my father. I haven't been talking to him for about a year now.

    Every little fault you find with others, is really a fault you find in yourself. You told me tonight that you are disappointed in yourself, well only YOU can change that!! We have all done everything we can for you.

    It's time for you to "be the bigger person" and repay everyone in all ways possible. Do you have any idea how it feels to be "parenting" my parent? It really sucks! The main reason I don't call you for chats or spend time with you is because you have so many different sides and I never know which one I'm going to get.

    These are some of the things I'd like to say to him too. I just hope he'd listen and I mean really listen. I guess that's part of the reason why I really don't have that motivation to patch things up anytime soon because he doesn't listen. Or he does for a while and then goes back to the way he was. Oh well.

    I wish the best for you and your dad cuz it really sucks parenting a parent.

    Gab ☮

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl, definitely seems not easy... please do not give up and continue trying ok? hope the day where it all becomes ok comes soon in the near future. take care! (∩_∩)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That seems really hard. I have been blessed with such wonderful parents, but seem to have this issue with my father in law a lot. Hope that things start to look up, and that he starts to make wiser decisions for his life.

    and Thanks. Totally humbled to have this my first read of your posts.

    ReplyDelete