Friday, September 6, 2013

A Time I was Afraid

Today's topic for Blogtember is to write about a time I was afraid.

The time that first pops in my head was when Kahle was born.

Of course, I was scared to be in labor the first time and he was 2 weeks early. The labor was actually incredibly easy. My water broke around 4:30 am and he was born at 6:37 am! I know, I was incredibly lucky. It was NOT so easy with Izzie.

 Anyways, back to being scared. Ok, like I said, he was 2 weeks early and weighed a whopping 5 pounds 5 ounces and he wouldn't eat. He dropped down under 5 pounds, they were tube feeding him through his nose and pricking his feet to test his blood sugar. His poor little heels were so so bruised.  His Dad ran home to eat or something and I was there alone and he Dr. came in. They told me if he became any more lethargic they would have to take him to Lincoln (where they have neo-natal Drs.) Talk about being freaked out! I was a new, young mother, sitting alone in my room and you're talking about taking my baby!! Luckily, that never happened and we left the next day.

He weighed 4 pounds 13 ounces. I guess they usually don't send babies home when they are under 5 pounds but we went home and he's a perfectly normal 10 year old now.




Well, a little strange at times, but you know what I mean! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment