Friday, September 27, 2013

Oh Facebook!!

To My Dearest Facebook "Friends,"

I think it's time for me to get a few things off my chest. Now, this may be a little harsh, but these things must be addressed.

1. It's so very sad that the greater majority of you are adults and yet you seem to know NOTHING about spelling or grammar. You do NOT say "I seen the cat." Seriously? Does that even sound like it's correct? No! I also get so irate when I can't decipher what you are trying to say. Can't you proofread what you are putting out there? I just don't understand. I'm not an English teacher but you are just making yourself look like a complete idiot.

2. Relationships are another big issue for me. There are some of you that are married or dating and I happen to have the great privilege of being "friends" with you both. Can't you just stay together or break up and keep it that way? I mean, you married ones, have kids!! Can you imagine what these poor kids are dealing with when every other week their parents are sleeping with some one else and talking shit about the other parent and then the next week you proclaim you love each other so much? You also wonder why people don't like you anymore and talk about you? Well, quit giving them a reason!!

3. Selfies. I know, everyone complains about this but I need to also. You look like an idiot. Especially when you aren't dressed up and you are just taking a picture that says "Tired." "Sad." Who cares!! If I wanted to see you in every emotional state, I would come to your house and see you. And it also looks really pathetic when you decide to put your child in the picture with you. I know you are just putting up another picture of yourself and decided to include your child for once. One of you also posts obnoxious pictures of you and your friends with 100 different faces in one setting. You are an adult with a child. There is no need to act like a 6 year old who got a hold of their Mommy's camera. So stupid!

4. Partying Mothers. Really? I really believe all that's ever on your mind is drinking. I see pictures of you out EVERY weekend partying with friends. Where is your kid? Can't you spend a weekend home with him/her? It's so ridiculous. I thought it would stop when you had your baby, but I guess not. Now, I'm not saying parents can't ever have fun and nights out, but some of you, that's all you ever do.

5.  Another relationship issue I have with some of you is the constant revolving door you have going on. I've seen this with boyfriends, girlfriends, and platonic friendships. You are friends one day, you hate each other the next day and then a month later, you are best friends again. And boyfriends/girlfriends, it's not that important that you must be in a relationship, especially when you have children, can't you see that when you date more than 6 guys a year that something is really messed up? And every one you date is always "the one."  Guess what? They aren't!!

6.  I have to admit, some of you are my "friends" not because I am close to you or really even know you, but I love to stalk you. So thank you for allowing me that. :)

7. Another issue I have is football fans. Mostly Husker fans. I don't watch football. It's just not my thing, so when I'm browsing football during a game, I don't care what you have to say about it. If you are watching the game, then why are you on Facebook? If I cared, I would be watching. It's my escape from football and yet, there you are broadcasting it! Stop it!!

8. Over-sharers/vague sharers. Stop seeking attention. I know you are pregnant, stop whining and complaining about every single issue you have. You've done this before, you know what to expect. Get over yourself! I don't feel sorry for you. And stop posting shit like, "I can't do this again!" and when you are asked what's wrong, don't say "I don't want to talk about it." Don't mention it then!! I don't feel sorry for you either!!

Well, I guess that's all for today. I really get so annoyed with people on Facebook. Why do I keep them? Well, that's a good question. Awhile ago I went through and got rid of a lot of people. I should do it again, but I am a HUGE Facebook stalker so, you know, that really explains a lot. Haha!!

I'm also linking up with Whitney for the first time ever! We went to see 10 Years in Omaha on Tuesday night and I can't get them out of my head now. This is one of my favorite songs!!













Vicki

2 comments:

  1. Reading everyone's rant against FB is quite funny and all true! I try not to judge or spend too much energy getting annoyed, but I do shake my head quite often or "hide" the really annoying people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i could not agree more!!! sooo true... and i REALLY hate the vague posters- just asking for attention and people to say "whats wrong?!" etc... soo annoying!

    ReplyDelete