Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Where did I come from?

This is a day late, but I did have it started.  I'm linking up with Jenni for Blogtember.







I don't know how deep I really want to get with this.

I come from a small town in Nebraska. I moved away when I was 15 and now I'm back in that same small town and I love it. I don't ever think I can live in a big city. It's just not for me.

I also come from difficult family times. I grew up with my single mom, who took care of my little sister and I while working and going back to school to become a Paralegal. I am so proud of her for accomplishing that! My dad on the other hand, that's where the difficulty comes in. He's an addict and alcoholic and has always put Alli and I on the back burner. In fact, he still does.  Let's just say, I've learned how to be a good parent by doing EVERYTHING he doesn't do. I still talk to him, but I really don't know why.

After my parents got divorced, my dad remarried (and now divorced) my step-mom. She has 3 kids.  . I am still close to them and can't imagine what kind of person I would be without them. We didn't always get along but I'm glad they were part of my life.

My Dad's family, are the nicest people ever. After living with my Dad and not going to very many family things, I'm trying hard to build my relationship with them again.

My Mom's family, is such a long story. My Mom's Mother (my grandmother) vanished 30 years ago. I never met her. There is one Aunt and one Uncle that I have never met, as well as several cousins. That makes me really sad. I do interact with them on Facebook sometimes. Recently, we have discovered my grandmother's biological family and I met them in Texas!!  It was such an instant family attraction!! I feel like we have known them forever. It was absolutely amazing.

I come from a lot of feelings. Happy times and some very very unhappy, heart wrenching times.  I'm still learning and trying to make my way.



No comments:

Post a Comment