Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Who knows Where I would be?

Today's prompt for Blogtember is to describe a distinct moment when my life took a turn. I know that moment would be when I found out I was pregnant with Kahle. It was in 2002 and I had JUST graduated from high school.  I had enrolled in college, had all my classes set up, dorm room number, all I had to do was wait for school to start. I planned on going into Elementary Education. Both Kahle's dad and I were going. I was so excited. One day, I went to work at Pizza Hut, where my Step-Mom was Assistant Manager and my 2 step-sisters worked there also, I was telling my Step-Mom that I just was feeling kind of sick. I could just tell something wasn't right. She asked me if I had had my period recently, and I thought about it and thought "Oh shit!!" Seriously, I was freaked out. I think back then, I was in a daze. I used to keep track of my periods and take my pill religiously, but during this time, I believed I was so in love and thought I was untouchable. So, one of my friends and I bought a test and sure enough, it was positive!

It was after going to the Dr. for a confirmation and all that, that Kahle's dad and I decided not to go to college. My life completely changed after that of course. I know it's not good to have regrets, but I do wish I had still went. I'm pretty sure I could have handled having a baby and going to school.

Kahle's dad and I tried to make things work, but I decided if I was going to live like a single mother while with his dad, we might as well be on our own and I would raise Kahle as a single mother.

So like the title of this post, I sometimes like to think about where I might be today if I had decided to go to college and who knows where I would be had I not got pregnant!! I don't ever ever regret having kids, or evening having Kahle so young, I have learned a lot, but I do really wish I would have went to college.






Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment